- 935 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6, कनाडा
Welcome to Laurentian University
में प्रवेश के लिए खोज रहे हैं Laurentian University?. AbroStudy तुम्हारी मदद करेगा. Tuition fees in Laurentian University and accommodation of foreign students in Canadian universities. How to get admission in Laurentian University ? Laurentian University ranking.
Information about Laurentian University
Welcome Aanii Bonjour
Today more than ever, students from across Ontario and around the world are choosing Laurentian University as they discover more reasons to build a future here.
Our purpose is to help students become agents of change. We want to stimulate you to ask new questions. We want you to challenge what we know. We want to empower you to create innovative solutions for future local and global issues.
We have the best post-graduation employment rate in Ontario: 95% of our graduates find jobs within six months of graduating, तथा 97% of them are gainfully employed two years following completion of their studies. We have been number one in that category for the last four years.
We offer one of the best student-faculty ratios among Canadian universities. Small classes mean that faculty know our students by name.
We offer a bilingual learning environment, से अधिक के साथ 175 undergraduate and graduate programs and 800 course sections offered in French.
We have flexible undergraduate degree options with specializations, majors and minors in a range of disciplines, so you can pursue an education tailored for you.
You will find that we offer a comprehensive approach to Indigenous education.
We are Canada’s go-to university for mineral exploration and mining. Students from our Bharti School of Engineering are champions at NASA’s Lunabotics Competition, the Canada Mining Games, the Ontario Engineering Competition and the Canadian Engineering Competition. We rank #1 in Canada in terms of research funding in Economic Geology, Applied Geophysics and Rock Mechanics.
जबसे 2005, we have opened new schools of Medicine and Architecture, in each case a first in Canada in over 40 वर्षों.
We have an impressive research track record, having secured more than $200 million in research income in the past decade.
Our students benefit from generous financial aid and scholarship programs which dramatically lower the costs they face to go to university.
And don’t forget our beautiful 765-acre campus located on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe peoples of Atikameksheng First Nation. Students enjoy an incomparable natural environment, surrounded by five of Sudbury’s 330 freshwater lakes, a mixed boreal forest and breathtaking nature trails. All this in the heart of the city, 10 minutes from the city’s downtown core.
Every year there are even more reasons to choose a future that begins at Laurentian. We hope to see you on campus when you will discover for yourself that it really is all here.
क्या तुम्हें पता था?
- नवंबर में 1960 the Board of Governors and Senate adopted blue and gold as the Laurentian team colours, rejecting the student preference for copper-red and nickel-grey, a more regionally appropriate but less eye-appealing choice.
- In the early 1960s Laurentian students were expected to attend class in proper attire at all times. Coats and ties were required, while windbreakers and open shirts were banned. Infringements of the rules were to be reported to the Dean, though departmental heads often refused to do so because such actions adversely affected student-professor relations. During convocation, instructions for the graduates were printed in the local newspaper. Men were instructed to wear dark suits, ladies light coloured dresses and shoes.
- In March 1966, on the urging of Fr. Roger Leclaire, sj, professor of physics and astronomy, Laurentian entered into an agreement with the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration to host a tracking station which, over the next three years, participated in NASA’s GEOS-A and GEOS-B satellite projects. Leclaire also spearheaded efforts that resulted in the establishment of a temporary planetarium on campus in the autumn of 1967. Two years later the university constructed a permanent facility, the Doran Planetarium named after W.J.Doran, president of Northern Breweries, who assisted the project financially. On the basis of these achievements, में 1967 Laurentian created the Institute of Astronomy, its first research centre.
- में 1968, the Laurentian Board of Governors and Senate approved a bilingual Bachelor of Arts degree program. Students were required to take a minimum of six full university courses in the second language, either English or French, and pass both a comprehensive oral and written examination in English and French prior to graduation. The first students to receive the degree graduated in June 1970.
- Sports Administration, an innovative program developed at Laurentian that combined studies in physical education and commerce, began operations in the autumn of 1972.
- The first woman to be appointed to a senior administrative position at Laurentian was Dr. Gamila Morcos, professor of French, who became Dean of Humanities in July 1975.
- Although an alumni association had been created in the mid-1960s, it became dormant later in the decade. में 1974 the Laurentian University Alumni Association was revived and reorganized with chapters in Toronto, Ottawa and Sudbury, its first major event being Homecoming that fall.
- 1986 was a notable year with respect to teaching and research at Laurentian, with the creation of the Laurentian University Teaching Excellence Award, the Laurentian University Research Excellence Award, and the Laurentian University Research Fund.
- The Students General Association first approved the establishment of a student radio station in 1984, but CFLR, cable106.7, did not begin broadcasting until two years later. Run by thirty-five Laurentian student volunteers, it billed itself as ‘alternative radio,’ then meaning no Madonna or Bruce Springsteen.
- Laurentian’s first Native Awareness Week featuring a series of cultural activities, guest speakers and a pow-wow, took place in October 1995.
- में 1996, twenty-two year old legally blind Aaron Marsaw, a fourth year philosophy and political science major raised and educated in Sudbury, was awarded Laurentian University’s only Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University.
- बीमांकिक विज्ञान
- Ancient Studies
- मनुष्य जाति का विज्ञान
- वास्तु अध्ययन
- Behavioural Neuroscience
- जीव रसायन
- Biomedical Biology
- बायोमेडिकल भौतिकी
- बिजनेस एडमिनिस्ट्रेशन (BBA)
- रासायनिक अभियांत्रिकी
- रसायन विज्ञान
- शास्त्रीय अध्ययन
- व्यापार (H.B.Com.)
- व्यापार (online H.B.Com.)
- संचार विषयक अध्ययन
- कंप्यूटर विज्ञान
- पृथ्वी विज्ञान
- अंग्रेज़ी – Literature and Rhetoric
- पर्यावरण जियोसाइंस
- पर्यावरण विज्ञान
- पर्यावरण अध्ययन
- आचार विचार
- ललित कला
- Forensic Identification
- फोरेंसिक विज्ञान
- स्वास्थ्य संवर्धन
- मानव काइनेटिक्स
- Indigenous Social Work
- स्वदेशी अध्ययन
- श्रम अध्ययन
- कानून और न्याय
- लिबरल विज्ञान
- अंक शास्त्र
- मैकेनिकल इंजीनियरिंग
- दाई का काम
- खनन अभियांत्रिकी
- आधुनिक भाषाएँ
- मोशन पिक्चर आर्ट्स
- आउटडोर साहसिक नेतृत्व
- भौतिक विज्ञान
- राजनीति विज्ञान
- Radiation Therapy
- धार्मिक अध्ययन
- Restoration Biology
- सामाजिक कार्य
- नागरिक सास्त्र
- Sport and Physical Education
- Sport Psychology
- Sports Administration
- थिएटर आर्ट्स
- महिलाएं, लिंग, and Sexuality Studies
Admission procedure into Laurentian University
For admission to a degree program, a student must meet one of the language requirements listed below in addition to the academic requirements:
- एक विदेशी भाषा के रूप में अंग्रेजी की परीक्षा (टॉफेल) (minimum score: 230 computer-based, 570 कागज पर आधारित, 88 इंटरनेट आधारित)
- अंतर्राष्ट्रीय अंग्रेजी भाषा जांच प्रणाली (आईईएलटीएस – अकादमिक)(minimum score: 6.5)
- मिशिगन अंग्रेजी भाषा आकलन बैटरी (MELAB) (minimum score: 80)
- कनाडा शैक्षणिक अंग्रेजी भाषा (प्राप्त) Assessment Test (minimum score: 70, साथ में 60 in writing proficiency)
- Cambridge English Proficiency (minimum result: सी)
- Pearson Test of Academic English (PTE) (minimum score: 60)
- Three years of full time senior-level studies in an English-language secondary school or post-secondary institution (official documents required) (evaluated on an individual basis; at the Admissions Committee’s discretion)
- Laurentian EAP Level 3 exam with a score of 70% या ऊँचा
To be admitted to a program offered in French or a bilingual program, a student must meet one of the following criteria:
- Three years of full-time study in a high school or post-secondary institution where French is the language of instruction (documentation must be provided by the student)
- A minimum grade of B-2 (intermediate-advanced) on the Test de connaissance du français (TCF), version for prospective students
- की एक न्यूनतम स्कोर 14/20 (B2) at the written component of the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF)
- की एक न्यूनतम स्कोर 750 (out of 990) on the Test du français international (TFI)
Send documents for admission to Laurentian University
इस समय उपलब्ध नहीं है. If you are university or educational consultant of Laurentian University please इस जानकारी देखने के लिए