- 935 Ramsey Lake Rd, सड्बेरी, ON P3E 2C6, कॅनडा
Welcome to Laurentian University
प्रवेश शोधत आहात Laurentian विद्यापीठ?. AbroStudy तुम्हाला मदत करेल. Tuition fees in Laurentian University and accommodation of foreign students in Canadian universities. How to get admission in Laurentian University ? Laurentian University ranking.
Information about Laurentian University
Welcome Aanii Bonjour
Today more than ever, ते येथे एक भावी तयार करण्यासाठी अधिक कारणे शोधण्यासाठी म्हणून ऑन्टारियो व जगभरातील विद्यार्थी Laurentian विद्यापीठ निवडत आहात.
आमचा उद्देश विद्यार्थ्यांना बदल एजंट होऊ मदत आहे. आम्ही नवीन प्रश्न विचारू आपण उत्तेजित करू इच्छित. We want you to challenge what we know. We want to empower you to create innovative solutions for future local and global issues.
We have the best post-graduation employment rate in Ontario: 95% of our graduates find jobs within six months of graduating, आणि 97% of them are gainfully employed two years following completion of their studies. We have been number one in that category for the last four years.
We offer one of the best student-faculty ratios among Canadian universities. Small classes mean that faculty know our students by name.
We offer a bilingual learning environment, पेक्षा जास्त 175 undergraduate and graduate programs and 800 course sections offered in French.
We have flexible undergraduate degree options with specializations, majors and minors in a range of disciplines, so you can pursue an education tailored for you.
You will find that we offer a comprehensive approach to Indigenous education.
We are Canada’s go-to university for mineral exploration and mining. Students from our Bharti School of Engineering are champions at NASA’s Lunabotics Competition, the Canada Mining Games, the Ontario Engineering Competition and the Canadian Engineering Competition. We rank #1 in Canada in terms of research funding in Economic Geology, Applied Geophysics and Rock Mechanics.
असल्याने 2005, we have opened new schools of Medicine and Architecture, in each case a first in Canada in over 40 वर्षे.
We have an impressive research track record, having secured more than $200 million in research income in the past decade.
Our students benefit from generous financial aid and scholarship programs which dramatically lower the costs they face to go to university.
And don’t forget our beautiful 765-acre campus located on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe peoples of Atikameksheng First Nation. Students enjoy an incomparable natural environment, surrounded by five of Sudbury’s 330 freshwater lakes, a mixed boreal forest and breathtaking nature trails. All this in the heart of the city, 10 minutes from the city’s downtown core.
Every year there are even more reasons to choose a future that begins at Laurentian. We hope to see you on campus when you will discover for yourself that it really is all here.
तुम्हाला माहीत आहे का?
- In November 1960 the Board of Governors and Senate adopted blue and gold as the Laurentian team colours, rejecting the student preference for copper-red and nickel-grey, a more regionally appropriate but less eye-appealing choice.
- In the early 1960s Laurentian students were expected to attend class in proper attire at all times. Coats and ties were required, while windbreakers and open shirts were banned. Infringements of the rules were to be reported to the Dean, though departmental heads often refused to do so because such actions adversely affected student-professor relations. During convocation, instructions for the graduates were printed in the local newspaper. Men were instructed to wear dark suits, ladies light coloured dresses and shoes.
- In March 1966, on the urging of Fr. Roger Leclaire, sj, professor of physics and astronomy, Laurentian entered into an agreement with the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration to host a tracking station which, over the next three years, participated in NASA’s GEOS-A and GEOS-B satellite projects. Leclaire also spearheaded efforts that resulted in the establishment of a temporary planetarium on campus in the autumn of 1967. Two years later the university constructed a permanent facility, the Doran Planetarium named after W.J.Doran, president of Northern Breweries, who assisted the project financially. On the basis of these achievements, मध्ये 1967 Laurentian created the Institute of Astronomy, its first research centre.
- मध्ये 1968, the Laurentian Board of Governors and Senate approved a bilingual Bachelor of Arts degree program. Students were required to take a minimum of six full university courses in the second language, either English or French, and pass both a comprehensive oral and written examination in English and French prior to graduation. The first students to receive the degree graduated in June 1970.
- Sports Administration, an innovative program developed at Laurentian that combined studies in physical education and commerce, began operations in the autumn of 1972.
- The first woman to be appointed to a senior administrative position at Laurentian was Dr. Gamila Morcos, professor of French, who became Dean of Humanities in July 1975.
- Although an alumni association had been created in the mid-1960s, it became dormant later in the decade. मध्ये 1974 the Laurentian University Alumni Association was revived and reorganized with chapters in Toronto, Ottawa and Sudbury, its first major event being Homecoming that fall.
- 1986 was a notable year with respect to teaching and research at Laurentian, with the creation of the Laurentian University Teaching Excellence Award, the Laurentian University Research Excellence Award, and the Laurentian University Research Fund.
- The Students General Association first approved the establishment of a student radio station in 1984, but CFLR, cable106.7, did not begin broadcasting until two years later. Run by thirty-five Laurentian student volunteers, it billed itself as ‘alternative radio,’ then meaning no Madonna or Bruce Springsteen.
- Laurentian’s first Native Awareness Week featuring a series of cultural activities, guest speakers and a pow-wow, took place in October 1995.
- मध्ये 1996, twenty-two year old legally blind Aaron Marsaw, a fourth year philosophy and political science major raised and educated in Sudbury, was awarded Laurentian University’s only Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University.
- विमा विज्ञान
- Ancient Studies
- Architectural Studies
- Behavioural Neuroscience
- Biomedical Biology
- Biomedical Physics
- व्यवसाय प्रशासन (BBA)
- रासायनिक अभियांत्रिकी
- शास्त्रीय अभ्यास
- वाणिज्य (H.B.Com.)
- वाणिज्य (online H.B.Com.)
- संभाषण अभ्यास
- संगणक शास्त्र
- पृथ्वी विज्ञान
- इंग्रजी – Literature and Rhetoric
- Environmental Geoscience
- पर्यावरण विज्ञान
- पर्यावरण अभ्यास
- ललित कला
- Forensic Identification
- वार्धक्याचे शास्त्र
- आरोग्य प्रोत्साहन
- Human Kinetics
- Indigenous Social Work
- देशी अभ्यास
- शरीराच्या हालचाल यंत्रणेचा अभ्यास
- Labour Studies
- Law and Justice
- Liberal Science
- यांत्रिक अभियांत्रिकी
- खाण अभियांत्रिकी
- आधुनिक भाषा
- Motion Picture Arts
- Outdoor Adventure Leadership
- Radiation Therapy
- धार्मिक अभ्यास
- Restoration Biology
- Sport and Physical Education
- Sport Psychology
- Sports Administration
- थिएटर आर्ट्स
- Women’s, लिंग, and Sexuality Studies
Admission procedure into Laurentian University
For admission to a degree program, a student must meet one of the language requirements listed below in addition to the academic requirements:
- एक परदेशी भाषा म्हणून इंग्रजी कसोटी (TOEFL) (minimum score: 230 संगणक आधारित, 570 कागद-आधारित, 88 Internet-based)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS – Academic)(minimum score: 6.5)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) (minimum score: 80)
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment Test (minimum score: 70, सह 60 in writing proficiency)
- Cambridge English Proficiency (minimum result: सी)
- Pearson Test of Academic English (PTE) (minimum score: 60)
- Three years of full time senior-level studies in an English-language secondary school or post-secondary institution (official documents required) (evaluated on an individual basis; at the Admissions Committee’s discretion)
- Laurentian EAP Level 3 exam with a score of 70% किंवा उच्च
To be admitted to a program offered in French or a bilingual program, a student must meet one of the following criteria:
- Three years of full-time study in a high school or post-secondary institution where French is the language of instruction (documentation must be provided by the student)
- A minimum grade of B-2 (intermediate-advanced) on the Test de connaissance du français (TCF), version for prospective students
- A minimum score of 14/20 (B2) at the written component of the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF)
- A minimum score of 750 (out of 990) on the Test du français international (TFI)
Send documents for admission to Laurentian University
या क्षणी उपलब्ध नाही. If you are university or educational consultant of Laurentian University please ही माहिती पाहू