- 1st Admission season start
- 1st Admission season end
- 2nd Admission season start
- 2nd Admission season end
- September intake classes start
- 15th of September
- March intake classes start
- 15th o March
- 1st semester
- 15th of September - 20th of December
- 2nd Semester
- 20th of January - 20th of July
Kyiv International University
Information about Kyiv International University
Kyiv International University is a higher educational institution of the IV accreditation level founded in 1994. Till 2002 its name was International Institute of Linguistics and Law.
President of Kyiv International University – Candidate of Sciences (Philology), Professor Khachatur V. Khachaturyan.
NOWADAYS THE FOLLOWING INSTITUTES FUNCTION AT THE UNIVERSITY:
- International Relations Institute (International relations, social communication and regional studies; Politology; Tourism; Computer Sciences and information technologies);
- Institute of Linguistics and Psychology (Philology (English); Psychology; Education sciences; Secondary education (English));
- Institute of Law (International Law; Law);
- Institute of Journalism (Journalism);
- Institute of Television, Cinema and Theatre (Audiovisual arts and production; Performing Arts);
- Faculty of Economics (International Economic Relations; Business, trade and exchange activities; Economics; Finance, banking and insurance; Management; Public managment and administraton);
- Faculty of Building and Architecture (Building and civil engineering; Architecture and town planning);
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Faculty (Pharmacy);
- Stomatological Faculty (Dentistry).
Specialists are trained according to three educational levels: Bachelor, Master; programs of a second higher education have also been functioning (Specialist).
THE STRUCTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY CONSISTS OF:
- 21 Departments
- Students’ Parliament
- Military Training Department
- Career Planning Centre
- UNESCO Club
- Centre of International and Public Relations
- Electronic laboratory and computer classes
- Moot Court Room
- Educational TV studio
- Specialized language study rooms
- Language laboratories
- Publishing centre
- Library and reading room (with funds of 140,000 exemplars)
- Supply divisions and sub-divisions
Today the academic staff of KIU includes 65 Doctors of Sciences, Professors, 148 Candidates of Sciences, Associate Professors. The total number of teachers with scientific degrees is nearly 90 %. The specificity of KIU: trains specialists (international lawyers, international economists, international relations specialists, teachers, journalists, psychologists, workers of social sphere, political analysts, translators, teachers), who will be able to represent the interests of Ukraine abroad including Oriental countries. That’s why a great attention is paid to studying foreign languages: among 24 languages are taught at KIU there are European languages as well as languages of the Far and Middle East and Middle-Asian region. East European and Scandinavian languages are a part of the immediate future of linguistic training.
Appropriate level of training is provided first of all owing to the qualified management of educational process, staff policy of the University, original curricula, sufficient studying of two-three foreign languages, qualified academic staff.
Our students were victorious at Ukrainian and International Competitions. During 2001–2012 the KIU teams became the winners of the National Rounds of International competitions named after Telders and Jessup, International students moot court competitions named after Martens. During the international round among European countries (in Hague, the Netherlands) our team won the second place and became one of the best teams of this competition.
The students of KIU win competitions in international law, constitutional law, and foreign languages. They make reports at conferences.
The University publishes it’s our own newspaper, various creative groups of students carry out their research programs.
The priority of KIU activity is a research work of students and academic staff. Annually students’ and teachers’ scientific conferences are held which have acquired the international status; authors’ methods and new technologies of studies are worked out and applied.
One of the most important directions of the KIU activity is to organize the Pre-University courses for schoolchildren to train qualified university applicants. The Faculty of Pre-University Training and regional courses function in cooperation with secondary schools on the basis of KIU.
On the initiative of KIU supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine annual Olympiads for school students are held.
The international status of the University and its main aims are the basis of the program of international and public relations of KIU. In the framework of the program different kinds of international cooperation are carried out: creative contacts with embassies of different countries are established, cooperation with international organizations, funds is conducted, foreign specialists are involved into the educational process, the organization of training abroad in correspondent organizations is carried out. University UNESCO club, educational and cultural program «Ukraine and World», cooperation with the National commission of UNESCO, the British Council, the American House of the USA Embassy to Ukraine, the Egyptian Fund of Technical Cooperation, European Association of International Education, the Centre of information and documentation of NATO in Ukraine actively contribute to this program.
Nowadays KIU has nearly 6000 students.
Institute of International Relations
- International relations, public communications and regional studios;
- political science;
- Computer science and information technology.
Institute of Journalism
Institute of Television, Film and Theater
- Audiovisual art and production;
- Scenic art.
Institute of Linguistics and Psychology
- Philology (English, translation)
- Secondary education (English);
- Educational, pedagogical sciences (vocational education).
- international law.
Faculty of Economics
- International economic relations;
- Entrepreneurship, trade and exchange activities;
- Finance, banking and insurance;
- Public administration and administration.
Medical and pharmaceutical faculty
- Pharmacy, industrial fermentation.
Admission procedure into Kyiv International University
Kyiv International University doesn't require any entry exams or TOEFL / IELTS or any other certificates. Only your documents needed for admission. Check admission steps.
Step 1. Online application
You can make online application directly at this page (choose "Quick Application" tab) or at Offical Ukrainian Admission Center
For the fastest response attach clear photo or scan of your passport and document about education: High School Certificate for Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Diploma for Master Degree
Step 2. Get Invitation letter from Kyiv International University
You will get response from Official Ukrainian Admission Center. They will inform you about results of your admission.
If your documents are fine, than your admission to Kyiv International University will be accepted. After admission confirmation you can get Invitation letter to Kyiv International University.
Invitation letter cost 525$ for Bachelor degree and 625$ for Master degree. This cost includes Invitation letter, Visa support letter to ukrainian embassy and courier delivery directly to your home address.
Step 3. Get visa
After getting invitation letter from Ukrainian Admission Center students should contact the nearest Ukrainian Embassy or Consulate. Student should apply to Ukrainian Embassy with the following documents:
- Filled Visa Application Form (Click here to download)
- International Passport (valid not less than one year)
- Original Invitation Letter from University through Ukrainian Admission Center
- Birth Certificate (should be with Apostille stamp or legalized by the Ministry of Foreign affairs and translated into Ukrainian language)
- Original School Certificates (O level/ SSCE/ HSSC , Bachelor or Master’s Degree if available) (should be with Apostille stamp or legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and translated into Ukrainian language)
- General Medical Fitness Certificate (should be with Apostille stamp or legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and translated into Ukrainian language)
- Letter of approval from Education Ministry (For West Africa Nigeria )
- General Health- Medical Certificate issued at least two months prior the entrance in to Ukraine
- Translated into Ukrainian and legalized by Notary Public or Ukrainian Embassy (Must be legalized by Health Ministry for West Africa , Nigeria )
- Medical Certificate showing absence of Aids/HIV (should be with Apostille stamp or legalized by the Ministry of Foreign affairs and translated into Ukrainian language)
- Health Insurance covering one year/ for some countries only for Traveling period
- Sponsorship Letter from the Parents/Person who is going to bear the expenses for student during stay/ studying in Ukraine . (It is not a condition for all Nationalities)
- Bank Statement to prove financial ability. (It is not a condition for all Nationalities)
- 8 passport size photos (3.5 x 4.5)
- To and From Air ticket valid for one year.
- Visa Confirmation letter sent to the Embassy from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- The student needs to check with Ukrainian Embassy in his/ her country of permanent/ temporary stay. Ukrainian Embassy does not require Russian/ Ukrainian translation for some Nationalities.
Arrival to Ukraine for study
After getting visa from Ukrainian Embassy or Consulate, students should inform Official Ukrainian Admission Center about his/her flight details with date and arrival time. One of Ukrainian Admission Center's representatives shall receive the student at the airport. In case student will not inform Ukrainian Admission Center about his/her arrival, he/she will be deported back to homeland. Ukrainian Admission Center's representative will meet student at the airport and will transfer student directly to Kyiv International University. There representative will help student with registration and all necessary documents.
Send documents for admission to Kyiv International University
Consultants of university
Ukrainian Admission Center is official ukrainian organization that help international students with direct admission to ukrainian univetsities.